The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching provides organizational assistance and educational strategies designed specifically to assist students improve their academic performance. Through weekly meetings, students are offered continual support to improve their overall academic standing and evaluating their strengths, study habits and goals.
Topics discussed will include but are not limited to the following:
- Time Management: Manage procrastination by setting achievable goals and schedules
- Effective Note Taking: Learn the best way to take and organize notes
- Study Skills: Go beyond memorization by using deep learning methods
- Test Anxiety: Reduce stress and test anxiety by taking control of your learning
- Effective Resource Utilization: Find resources for supporting your short and long term goals
- Test Preparation: Demonstrate knowledge by improving your test-taking strategies
Who would benefit from Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching is for students seeking additional academic support, utilizing resources and securing academic goals. Students at any level that are devoted to improving their study habits should consider academic coaching.
How to schedule an appointment
At this time, we can only offer Academic Coaching to those advised by University College Exploratory Studies and Academic Advising Services. Let your advisor know if you are interested in setting up an appointment with an Academic Coach.
Study Skills Resources
Video and web resources focusing on study skills, time management, motivation and learning styles.