Incoming Exploratory Studies Village Residents
Only freshman residence halls on campus!
Great location! Near academic buildings, NC State Bookstore, Talley Student Union, Fountain Dining Hall, Carmichael Gym and Aquatic Center, Student Health and much more.
Convenient to the Exploratory Studies Academic Advisor offices, Exploratory Studies classrooms, and 24-hour computing lab.
Peer support from the Exploratory Studies Resident Mentors (RMs) and Resident Advisors (RAs), who encourage community building, academic excellence, and a positive social environment.
Great programs and traditions such as Battle for the Beach, Outdoor Adventure Trips, Leadership Retreats, the Pack Academic Workshop Series (PAWS), Faculty Fellows, Pack Study walk-in tutoring, and the Exploratory Studies Year-End Banquet
Our students flourish during their time in a Village. We require Exploratory Studies students to live in the Exploratory Studies Village unless they decide to live in another Village. University Housing has a total of 13 Living and Learning villages open to first year Exploratory Studies students, building on interests from sustainability (EcoVillage) to the arts (Arts Village). If you want to live in another Living and Learning Village, you must submit an application for that Village in MyPack Portal. The application is open until April 15, but you are encouraged to apply early..
Things to Know When Applying for On Campus Housing:
- Despite the live-on requirement, all first-year students still need to complete an application to live in University Housing. We reserve Tucker and Owen Hall for first-year Exploratory Studies students.
- We assign all Exploratory Studies students to Tucker or Owen Hall unless you choose to live in another Village. Exploratory Studies students are ineligible to live in the Engineering Village.
- Exploratory Studies students should apply as early as possible for housing since Exploratory Studies Village spaces cannot be held indefinitely. Open beds will be made available for non-Exploratory Studies students.
- If you request a roommate that is not enrolled in Exploratory Studies, please note:
- We are committed to housing Exploratory Studies students who submit a timely Housing application, in the Exploratory Studies Village; therefore space is very limited for non-Exploratory Studies roommate requests.
- The requested roommate must be a first-year student. We suggest you both apply early.
- We can only complete roommate requests for students admitted to NC State. If you are hoping to room with a student who has been waitlisted, your roommate request will not process until NC State accepts your prospective roommate and they complete a housing application. The delay may reduce your chances of a successful request.
- Both students must request each other as roommates on their Housing Application. You can update this information until you have your room assignment.
- Non-Exploratory Studies students cannot accept another Village offer while a Exploratory Studies Village roommate request is pending. However, the Exploratory Studies student and their requested roommate may both apply to live in another Village.
- University Housing will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your housing application submission. If you do not receive this email contact University Housing to verify that your application was received.
To learn more about on-campus living please visit the University Housing website.