Parents as Partners
The Exploratory Studies Parents as Partners Program gives parents opportunities to support and partner with Exploratory Studies, and their student’s transition to College. The Parents as Partners program provides helpful resources to help parents stay informed, opportunities to share career related information, as well as meet other Exploratory Studies Parents and Families. We also offer a webinar series to help provide you with the tools to help your student succeed here at NC State.
Opportunities to Get Involved:
Family Members can be very helpful in the career decision making process because they can offer their expertise, talents, and career experiences.
Ways to get involved and support your students include:
- Come to our Family Weekend 2017 Battle of the Beach Event!
- Helping students conduct a Career Informational Interview for our USC 102 course (Taught in Spring 2018)
- Establish an internship at your place of work
- Serve on Career Panel for our Career Connections Event in the Spring
- See how our current students and recent alumni move on to be successful members of the NC State Community
Contact Exploratory Studies Director Kim Outing if you have other ideas for engaging with our program.